Words of Wisdom

Words of Wisdom
Restored

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Some things I am Learning

Lessons I'm learning:

  • I am courageous.
    • It's not conceded of me to think of myself as courageous. 
    • It took a lot of courage and faith to make the steps I have in the last few months. 
    • Courage and Faith go hand in hand. 
    • Being courageous comes does not mean it comes with the responsibility of how others react to your choices. 
    • Being courageous isn't always a welcomed trait to people around you. 
  • I am His. 
    • He has given me the courage to do lean in on faith and trust that He will provide. 
    • He has provided. All my needs. 
    • I am loved by my creator. 
    • He chooses me over the sunsets He creates and calls me (us) His masterpiece. 
    • He has held me and given me Peace that only the God of the Universe can give. 
    • He is in control and I only need to surrender, surrender everything. 
  • I am okay no matter how I feel.
    • Feelings are convoluted. 
    • Feelings are a distraction from the spiritual truth. 
    • I can feel alone, I can feel defeated, I can feel gross... but the foundation I am standing on never changes.  
  • My life is an ongoing journey, a journey in which someone else along the way may need me for and it all glorifies my King in the end if I let it, meaning if I'm vulnerable enough to share my story. 
    • No matter my journey, God has put someone in my life at my lowest who asks the simple question of "How did you do it?" 
    • There has not been a painful season that I haven't told the story about, the story of how God pulled me through...and that will not change today. 
  •  My dog is a great companion. 
    • Frank is an un-certified emotional support dog. 
    • I am so grateful for this dog. 
    • He's cute. 
    • He's an extension of God's love to me. 
  • I am never truly alone despite the devil trying to convince me that I am. 
    • I have Frank the Dog. 
    • I am literally on the phone most nights with someone at least once every day, someone who loves me, someone who knows me, and someone who wants  to hear my voice. 
    • I have people that are grateful to hear my voice and look forward to hearing said voice. 
  • I am a survivor. 
    • I have not been defeated  by any one of the battles I have faced. 
    • I am still here today. 
  • This season of my life requires a lot of grace for myself and that is okay. 
    • Having grace for myself is a learning experience and one full of vulnerability, it's not always pretty. 
    • Being okay with having grace for myself to not do anything one day when I know I need to do things but have no strength to do anything, that's perfectly acceptable of someone who is experiencing healing. 
    • Healing requires patience and grace with yourself. It's not overnight, it is a process *(yes Christy, I am trusting the process) 
I am learning with every day, every sunrise, every sunset, every phone call with those I love.... I am learning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment