Words of Wisdom

Words of Wisdom
Restored

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When all else fails, just be happy.

There are things in life that you go through that you don't understand, that are painful and you have a time of feeling lost.... then there are things you go through that are tough but you can face them with the biggest smile on your face and say "BRING IT"....


The latter of those two times have been upon me. I never thought I would ever have to witness someone I love blatantly hurting me and doing so in a way that could have easily sent me down a very dark path of self doubt and pain. But at the moment of enlightenment, I felt just that.... enlightened. I felt like I knew the truth finally and was able to move on. That doesn't take the pain away, that doesn't take the anger of someone hurting me or not being able to face it themselves..... but it simply allows me to be where I am today: HAPPY.


Yes. I said it.


I am HAPPY. Completely and utterly Happy.


I honestly haven't been this happy in a long time. I thank my Jesus for ever second I have a smile on my face, because I know it's from Him and Him alone. He sent angels my way that night and they haven't left my side. Not only that, but people have been praying for me and encouraging me in ways that blow my mind.... I knew I was loved and cared for before but my Jesus just sent an army to my side to let me know that not only does He have me in the palm of His hands but his army of believers that love me are right there next to me standing at attention, ready to fight. It is an amazing feeling. Truly awe inspiring.


Over the past two weeks I have been reminded of the simple joys in life, of how laughter really is the best medicine, and how God has a plan.... it may be some really odd way of doing things, but His plan will succeed and truly Glorify Him.


I truly have angels in my life right now and I am soooooo very happy they spread their wings over me when they did. I look forward to each day because I know it will bring some sort of hope and laughter, and to be honest, it had been a while where a day brought pure joy.


I believe that times in our lives happen for reasons, people come in and out of your life to show us things about ourselves.... As we go through this journey in life, I want to be able to look back and be thankful for His gifts and hold my head high and know that it all happened for a reason. All the tears, all the laughter, all the fond memories of people I cared for.... everything.
Joy is a gift that must be cherished, laughter is forever stamped onto our hearts, and the heartaches we face will only be a reminder of how good that joy is.... heartaches lead us to the joys in life. Crazy huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment